What are its claims?You don’t even need to click through to the product’s website, I have produced a summary of all they have to say about themselves here:
The guide to excel in everything
- Credit Card Payoff Calculator :: If I make a monthly payment of $X.XX, how long will it take to pay off a credit card at the current interest rate?
- 2/11/09-2/13/09: New Interest-Only Loan Calculator, Ideal Weight Chart and Calculator and Body Mass Index (BMI) Chart for Excel and in PDF format.
- How to Create a Timeline in Excel :: A tutorial showing a new way of creating timeline using an XY chart with error bars as leader lines. (9/2/05)
- 10/16/09: Part 1 of Depreciation in Excel: Depreciation Schedule Template, Part 2: MACRS Depreciation Rate, Part 3: Depreciation Calculator.
- 10/8/08: Created Financial Statement Templates, including a Balance Sheet template, Income Statement template, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Wedding Budget and Wedding Checklist :: These two new templates provide a comprehensive list of items to consider for wedding planning.
- Mortgage Calculator :: A feature-packed mortgage calculator for fixed or adjustable rate mortgages, with extra payment options.
- 401(k) Savings Calculator :: Estimate your future 401k balance, taking into account your employer match, annual raises, etc.
- Savings Interest Calculator :: Estimate interest earned in your savings account, with optional monthly or annual deposits.
- Free Canadian Mortgage Calculator :: Finally, an Excel spreadsheet designed specifically for Canada mortgage calculations.
Is anyone actually buying it?Time for some hard facts. We can use statistics provided by the payment processor. They release something they call the product’s “Gravity”. It can be used a an indicator of how well the product is selling. I’ve taken this amount and produced a rating out of 100. Products with a high rating are popular. Vertex 42 scores 74.72/100 which is about standard.
Time to buy – your optionsHopefully by now you’ve read through the summary of what the product does (or claims to do…). You’ve had a look at the user reviews on the right hand side of the page. Maybe you’ve decided you’d like to buy the product. So what now?
Option 1: Buy DirectYou click through to http://www.vertex42.com, and look for their link to buy the product. You’ll be linked through to the payment processor page and you can pay with a credit/debit card or PayPal. At the time of writing this review the standard price for the product was $39.95.
Option 2: Buy Through MeIf you click this link: vertex42.com you’ll also be taken through to vertex42.com, where you can buy the product in the same way as option 1. However, because you arrived at the site through a special link, I get the credit for sending over a potential buyer. If you do buy, I will be given a commission. There’s no difference in the cost to you. You might want to go for this option if:
- You feel this site has helped you and you’d like to say thanks.
- You’d like to receive a purchase bonus (see below)